Photographic Images Available By the Author

http://www.flickr.com/photos/radiantlightworks
Yoga Links

YogaFinder.com








These photographs may inspire you to develop a deeper connection with your higher self and the natural world. I am offering digital prints of the images displayed on this website between 4x6 inches to 5x7 to 8x10 inches (and up, upon request). See right side panel.



Black and white images are only available as darkroom prints by special arrangement. Please e-mail.





"I call forth that light to

penetrate my soul

and to activate my soul memory of freedom


and the original blueprint of my soul's destiny."



-El Morya on St. Germain's sacred violet flame of transmutation








Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Vultures in the Tree

As if this stormy day wasn't weird enough...driving on the way home from work, I approached the very opposite of what one would conceive of as a Christmas Tree. A naked sycamore, filled with black birds, spread a dark message with its omenous undertones.

As an artist, I am fascinated with Goth and its expressiones. It came up in conversation again today with a customer that comes to the store and likes to dress that way--died black hair, pale white skin, dark makeup, black painted fingernails, black leather jacket, the inclination toward wicca and dark magic. So the theme seemed to continue...

On closer inspection, I saw that the birds were vultures, perhaps interspersed with large crows as well--lifting and airing out their wings. As one interested in animal medicine and tarot symbolism, I was drawn towards a deeper meaning. Why were they not quite spreading their wings, but lifting them? Why there-- above all the cars, why then? Were they trying to keep warm from the exhaust fumes of oncoming traffic beneath them? The tarot card must be swords. Yet, nothing in the scene conveyed something as dismal as the ten of words would in a reading. My gut feeling was that it was an Ace, the card that indicates the power to love strongly or to hate in its meaning. Perhaps people adored but hated the oncoming Christmas season.

But something else was going on. If the naked sycamore contrasted with the lively embellished Christmas pine, it might mean a rather desolate Christmas season indeed. Yet there was humor in it. Vultures and crows are usually funny animals. So what's the joke? To me personally, I think it meant that though my Christmas season might seem desolate, it will probably really be grand, 'cause I will be stretching and airing out my feathered wings with a few other weathered but humorous souls, in a playful, warm and humid environment. It will be Tim-Burton like, perhaps, but fun. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment